Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You could probably chalk my pre-parent self right up there with Hilary Rosen.  You know, the democrat strategist who criticized Ann Romney for 'not working a day in her life' as a stay at home mom.    I really didn't have a clue what a stay at home mom did with all her 'free time'.  Well now I know exactly what those stay at home moms do with their free time...all five minutes of it.

All kidding aside, I am as busy as I ever have been.  The last six months have been such an adventure.  I'd love to go back and do it all again, minus the dieting and sleep training! I haven't been blogging much because I have been spending all my free moments co-writing (with my sister) my Grandpa Jorgensen's personal history or doing girl's camp stuff (I'm the assistant camp director).  

And happy 6 months to my little babe! I'd love to report all the new things she's doing, but quite frankly, she's a little slow. haha I look at all the other babies her age and most are sitting up, scooting around, or at least standing.  Not my little runt.  She is completely content vegetating--just laughing and smiling.  Although, I'm one to talk because I look at all the other moms who had babies 6 months ago, and most look fantastic.  I guess I'm a little slow, too.  I still have 15 pounds to lose before I get to my pre-baby weight.  Still working my butt off...just have to focus on what I have done--45 pounds gone. 

Here's a little of what we've been up to the last month or so (warning...picture overload): 

Blonde or Brunette?
I laughed so hard about this.  The left is my sister Callie's hair and the right is my sister Kenzi's.  She is pretty bald now and I just long for her to grow some hair! 
I love her little laugh.  It's the cutest thing.  Don't mind me.  I can't hold my phone and throw her in the air at the same time, ok? 
Easter Sunday at the park 

Easter dress from Taylor's mom (she spoils Liv with the cutest clothes!)
Her dad has the magic touch at church...fast asleep, just the way we like her. 

At Cabela's...way passed her bedtime, but she did great. 

Zoo day! 


Apparently she was having a great time visiting the giraffes.  
This is her focused face.  Taylor says she looks like this kitten (haha):


Daddy daughter time while I was cooking dinner 

Liv loves watermelon! And I know, I know, she has a huge head for her little body.  her light hair doesn't help the cause either. ha 

Just some cookies I made for my cute friend Hayden's bridal shower. 
And no, I didn't see these on Pinterest.  I think like twenty people asked me that. haha 

First cereal experience.  She didn't love it. 
Then we tried a different position....still not sure of it. 

She loves mirrors.  

We love going on walks with Liv's cousin Krew. 

And I went to Sundance for breakfast with this handsome guy.  
 So many more things I couldn't fit in.  Life is great! I just wish there were more hours in the day.

8 comments:

  1. kacie, I love reading about what's been going on in your life. Liv is so adorable and you look great. Don't be too hard on yourself! It's hard work and you've made such great progress, be patient! Love you and miss you. Call me sometime xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA I love it! My baby is 7 months old and I was just complaining how all my friends babies are crawling and clapping and such. Dawson is still content laying around and being carried to where he wants to go. I guess we should be happy because they grow up way too fast! She is way cute! We should get together sometime and have a play date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! How do we get a copy of Grandpa's personal history?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute. I'm sad I missed you at the Qualtrics party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh myyy...You guys have to be the cutest little family ever! I hope life is good for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You would make cookies like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. k, the baby is of course darling, but for the moment, i'm laughing about the thong cookies!!! clever! you are talented!!! oh and liv with the hair is ta die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kacie I love reading your blog. Liv is so adorable and you look great too! It's funny how we compare our babies, like how fast they sit up is a measure of how smart they'll be. I don't buy it. My babies didn't sit up until 8 or 9 months. :) I'm laughing about the hair pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete