Thursday, March 15, 2012

Best day of the year

Today I felt like the old me again.  Not this crazed and exhausted new mommy persona I've recently taken on.  Just me again.

This past week I've been pretty sick, and Liv hasn't been sleeping well.  Well rested and healthy, I can conquer the world.  Take those two things away...it get's ugly.  

Liv and I finally took advantage of the beautiful weather and got outside.  Taylor's parents gave me a really awesome jogging stroller for my birthday.  The only used it'd gotten was to the mailbox and back. 

I had plans to just take a nice little power walk.  Adrenalin kicked in and I found myself running up hills, returning home an hour and half later, drenched in sweat.  It felt great.   And the best part...Liv loved it.  She didn't even fuss once. 

When we got home, I made my most favorite green smoothie to date:  

banana, lite coconut milk, fresh pineapple, spinach, and some shaved coconut.  Not the lowest calorie smoothie ever, but it was amazing.  

1 comment:

  1. An hour and a half run? I am impressed. I bet you felt SO great! I haven't had that feeling forever. And I'm so glad you've been going to kickboxing and cycling again. Cross your fingers that I'll be there with you -maybe not at the classes:)- in a few months!

    ReplyDelete