Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Real Life

I'm not big on going out to dinner on Valentine's Day.  Restaurants are always packed, and I just don't think it's worth it.  In fact, one year Taylor and I went to Denny's on Valentine's Day.  We thought long and hard on where people wouldn't be.  Yep, Denny's.  It was great. 

Tonight reminded me of a scene from One Fine Day when Michelle Pfeiffer finally gets freshened up and the kids taken care of only to find George Clooney asleep on the couch. : )

Even though this year's Valentine's plans didn't exactly go as planned, it was still perfect.  I may not have cooked up the fancy dinner I'd envisioned or gotten to spend a romantic evening with my husband, sans baby.  But I did get the sweetest card from Taylor (and a note on my bathroom mirror written in my lipstick) and that really made all the difference.  

I think this sweet old man knew exactly what love is all about: 

"I am satisfied that happiness in marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one's companion.  Any man who will make his wife's comfort his first concern will stay in love with her throughout their lives and through the eternity yet to come." 
                                                                        -Gordon B. Hinckley 


Happy Valentine's Day! 


2 comments:

  1. Very darling, I am glad you had a good Valentine's Day. And Liv is GORGEOUS. I am going to have to take her so you two can have a date & I can bask in her beauty.

    ReplyDelete