Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!

The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.  What's not to love?  BBQs, fireworks, parades...freedom.  Just to name a few.  I often feel just a twinge of homesickness for my hometown celebrations.  Nobody does the Fourth like Fillmore.  But...my family doesn't live there anymore, so we don't make the trip down.  Taylor and I hosted a family BBQ and then turned our backyard into an outdoor theater for the neighborhood.  We actually had pretty great seats to catch the Stadium of Fire fireworks, too.  Whenever I say the words, Stadium of Fire, I have to resist the urge to belt it out Donny Osmond style, "Sta-DI-um of Fiiire!"  

We didn't do our own fireworks this year since I felt a little guilty about the entire state of Utah burning down and so much dry grass around our place, I figured we'll just do an extra great show next year.   
Kenzi and Liv

Jence and Liv



Jence taking care of the grilled corn on the cob...yum. 



Loving some watermelon (in her choke-proof net of course...I'm a freak about choking)



Kenzi and Krew and Jence and Liv



Typical mom, always cleaning up after everyone. 

Okay so our backyard needs some more work.  In time, in time.  But check out that screen! 

A little friendly game of horse shoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment